Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crafty Recycling - Twig Decorated Candle

It's my friend's wedding this Saturday, and one of the gifts I'm giving her is this candle which I've decorated:
I hot glued twigs from our garden all around the candle, then took 2 different colours of raffia and wound it around the candle.  The lower white raffia I didn't wind around, instead I cut a few strands of equal length and together tied them into a bow around the candle.  Here's the front:
I hot glued mini heart mirrors around the candle - a bigger one in front and 3 smaller ones around the sides and back.  Beneath the bow I glued a filigree leaf...because it looked kinda empty below the bow!
Here's a side view:
So, I hope she likes it. :)

LINKY PARTIES linked to:
Free Pretty Things For You
The Trendy Treehouse 
Sew Much Ado 
Nikki's Nifty Knacks 
Sew Woodsy 
Tales From Bloggeritaville 
Krafty Kat 
Truly Lovely

POSTED to:
Going Green Crafters & Artists

My candle appears on The Home Channel's Facebook page! :D

4 comments:

Nikki said...

VERY cute!!! I'm sure she'll love it! I hit my goal of 50 links, so be sure to come back next week cuz I'm having a giveaway!!!!! Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day!!!!!!! :)

Fiona said...

I love this idea !!! I should try it.

Krafty Kat said...

What a cute candle. I love a touch of nature used in decor. Thanks so much for sharing at the Holiday Hookup!

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

Just wanted to say thanks so much for linking up to Truly Lovely!!! Hope to see you again and again!!! http://trulylovelywiththelaneysisters.blogspot.com