Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fun Summer Greeting Card

I've made this little card (10x11cm) for a Creative Inspirations Challenge, Challenge #91.  (I've missed the challenge due date, but I made the card anyway!)
Here was the challenge layout:
And here's what I came up with!  A fun little flowery summer greeting card:
I've used the colours green, yellow & orange, and purple (the flower and "hello" look blue, but they're purple!).  I used some yellow bling on the borders of the centre square, to make it stand out, since I used the same paper as the background and it kind of faded away in with the background.
For the purple flower, I stamped it onto white card stock, cut it out and 3D mounted it onto the card, and also added an embellishment in the middle of it.  2 of the little sunflowers I also 3D mounted.
For the Hello! sentiment, I used individual little rubber letter stamps to spell out the word. 
And that's it!  A really fun little card to make. :)

LINKY PARTIES linked to:
Blue Cricket Design                                       Nikki's Nifty Knacks
Sumo's Sweet Stuff                                       Krafty Kat
Somewhat Simple                                          The Shabby Chic Cottage
Beyond The Picket Fence                              Chic On A Shoestring Decorating
It's A Hodgepodge Life                                  Scrappy Gifts
A Few Of My Favorite Things                       Truly Lovely 

ENTERED into:
Paper Issues (New Challenge)                      Crafts And Me Challenges (challenge # 20)

My little card was featured at Scrappy Gifts! :D
BWS tips button

7 comments:

Crafty Creations said...

Very nice Monique! I love that you stamped the inside too! The bling adds a nice touch!!

PS: the woodgrain on my card is from at Papertrey Ink impression plate.

Maria

Nikki said...

VERY cute! Thanks so much for linking this up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

Krafty Kat said...

you did a great job and I think it's awesome that you finished even though you didn't make the deadline- shows commitment! thanks for linking up!

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card thanks for joining creative inspirations

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

Love the flowers on this one Monique!!! And the bright colors! Thanks so much for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

This is beautiful--makes me miss my stamping days!

Scrappy Gifts said...

Such a cute card. Love the flow of the flowers. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays! Featuring this tonight!