Saturday, January 8, 2011

Natural Textured Card

This card I made for Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, Challenge # 116!
The theme for this challenge is....Tons of Texture!  So that's what I did:
I don't think I could have textured this card up any more even if I tried! Hehe...
I went for a very natural look this time.  These papers were actually from a little pack of matching papers that I bought.  For the background I used some natural fibred textured paper...I'm not sure even what it is.  Then I layered another 2 different textured papers in designing the card.  Here's a close-up of the textures:
Then I added some leafy goodies.  I just stuck the ends of the their stems with a glue dot in one corner, and  stuck on a leaf embellishment to cover all that up.
The left side of the card looked too empty, so it took me a while to come up with an idea of how to fill it up!  So I finally remembered about my cute little wood slices, and thought it'd fit in perfectly with my card theme...so I stamped a flower onto it in green ink, and then attached some danglies (some beading charms on beading chain):
So the stamp was a tad skew.....ok, a lot skew! :/
I like the idea of adding beaded goodies to cards.
This is how I attached the chains to the wood slice:
I cut out a teeny circle of cardboard and made 2 teeny holes in it through which to attach the 2 chains:
Then I glued it onto the back of the wood slice with a glue dot:
This idea worked really good!  I'm glad I thunk it up, because I'm always thinking of ways to neatly attach bulky things like these to card embellishments.


LINKY PARTIES linked to:
C.R.A.F.T.                                                            It's A Blog Party
Craft-O-Maniac                                                     Keeping It Simple
Sew Can Do                                                          The DIY Show Off
Someday Crafts                                                     .

ENTERED into:
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge (Challenge#116)          .

8 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh how pretty with so much texture thank you for sharing with us at the SCSC
hugs Kate x

Crafty Creations said...

Yes - you definitely got the 'texture' down on this challenge!!!
I love that you stamped on the piece of wood!! Awesome!!

And those leaves are terrific!

Glad I inspired you with the bag toppers :)
Maria

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful card - love the different textures

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Linda said...

Lovely card. Super.

Curlybear said...

Beautiful card and you have really captured our theme,
so much texture and those lovely handmade papers, and the wooden frame is a very beautiful touch,

thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 116: Tons Of Texture,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Mel X said...

What a cracking take on our challenge, LOVE IT!!

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and Good luck.

Mel X

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Monica said...

This is a pure winner... LOVE IT! After my heart, really. Awesome detailing.

xxx Monica