Monday, January 10, 2011

Purple & Red Textured Card

I made this card for Clean & Simple Stamping, Challenge # 122!
Here was the sketch we had to work with:
Since I didn't use a different paper for each quadrant, I decided to decorate each square slightly differently from the other, using pearls and red sequins:
I started with white card stock, then glued on a strip of light purple textured paper that I cut out with scalloped scissors.  I then glued on a square of dark purple metallic paper, and added 2 squares of fibrous purple "paper" stuff.
I definitely didn't choose the easiest material to work with here, as the fibrous "paper" was not easy to neatly cut with a craft blade - I had to use my scissors and somewhere something went a little wrong, so they ended up not quite square....which is why I had to cover up the centre with something as they didn't quite meet up in the centre.
So I added a 3D red flower that I punched out of red paper.  That's when I decided to make the colour scheme purple and red, which I think is quite nice!

For the sentiment, I just stamped 3 little red hearts, layered it with white and metallic purple paper and glued it on.  I think the hearts are just as good as a worded sentiment....don't you? :)  (well, I didn't have a sentiment stamp small enough to fit onto this card's design anyway!)
Instead of the flowers used in the sketch, I added white butterflies that I punched out, and 3D mounted them onto the card:
 
I added some purple blings to the left and right side of the card, and punched the corners with a corner punch to add some final decorating touches:



LINKY PARTIES linked to:
Free Pretty Things For You                                      Someday Crafts

ENTERED into:
Clean & Simple Stamping (Challenge #122)             .

2 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great (& different) color combo, but it works!! I've used the fiber material too and although it's pretty it is a little tough.

Last time I worked with it, I dampened the paper and then once it's moist, you can pull it apart and the edges fray for a nice look!

Maria

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty!