Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Something New & Something Glittery I Luv U Card

OK, so it seems I'm not taking a break from cards just yet....I just couldn't resist more challenges....hehe!
So, this card I made for 2 challenges!  The first is Glitterbabe's Challenges, Challenge # 26, and the second is Cupcake Craft Challenges, Challenge # 124!
This card was actually inspired by Glitterbabe's challenge, and as the name of their blog suggests, all projects must include glitter, sparkle or bling.  The sketch for this challenge was this:
Cupcake Craft Challenges' challenge was "Something New", so while I was making the card, I incorporated some new stuff I'd just bought yesterday!  This would be my new pink glitter and new buttons! :D  This is also the first Valentine/love card I'm making, and it's the first time I'm using the white hearty paper you see on the card, AND it's the first time I've tried out my hearty stamping idea (see below).  So, plenty of new things here! :)

First I covered the card with pink background paper.  Then I wrapped a sparkly ribbon around the card, and added a piece of darker pink paper over that to match the sketch.
Next I cut out a piece of hearty patterned paper, inked the edges, traced the inside of 2 of the hearts on there with my glue pen, and added some pink glitter!
Then I took a wood slice and stamped onto it "I heart U", traced around the edge of the wood with my glue pen and added some more glitter:
And then I used my new pretty little buttons! :D  AND they have glitter/sparkle inside them too:
I tied some sparkly silver string through them (it doesn't look very silver on the pic....but it is!).


I added some pink bling around the card too.  But.....the card looked a little empty on the left side, so I decided to stamp little hearts onto the background paper to "fill" up that space.  I stamped the heart 3 times in succession, so each stamp was lighter than the previous one, and I like how it turned out! :D
So there's my something new and something glittery card. :)


ENTERED into:
Glitterbabe Challenge (Challenge #26)        Cupcake Craft Challenges (Challenge #124)
Paper Issues (Challenge #NEW)                .

5 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - nice and glittery! Glad you did the close-up shots!
And thanks for the link to the blog helper in yesterday's post! I put to my favorites! Lots of good stuff there!
Maria

Stef H said...

hi monique! this is gorgeous and blingy! i LOVE it. thank you so much for sharing it with us at glitterbabe's challenge.

hugs :)

Liza said...

Lovely work Monique, great sparkle and stamped background. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Monique, what a pretty card. I love the glittery hearts and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Delphine said...

This is lovely, Monique! I love all the sparkle and the little buttons, very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx