Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Purple Garden Themed Card

I've finally decided to make another card again...mostly because of my new CUTTLEBUG!, which I got in the mail yesterday! :D  I had to try it out.  So I made a card for Cupcake Craft Challenges' "in the garden" theme.
For those who don't know what a Cuttlebug is...(my mum may be wondering, hehe), well, it's the thing that made those little flowers on the purple paper there in the background. :D  Ok, so I only have 2 embossing folders so far and hope to get some more next month.  This goodie is gonna make card making so much more fun! :D (& pretty) :)
I used white card stock and smudged some purple pencil shavings on it, and on the small piece behing the flower, and inked the edges with an ink pad.  And added some blings.  I also cut out all the squares, including the card itself, with my Fiskars cutting goodie and it's square stencils.
 
:D




ENTERED into:
Cupcake Craft Challenges  .

5 comments:

Faye said...

ALl that embossing looks great. Isn't it fun when we have a new toy to play with! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Cupcake this week. x

Unknown said...

Awww...What a cute & sweet card! Love the embossing and the lovely purple color! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Louise said...

Gorgeous card love the big flower you will have lots of fun with your new toy I would be lost without mine,thankyou for joining us at Cupcake this week.
Louise xx

Susan said...

HI MONIQUE!!! how are you? I'm ok...status quo as they say.
This card is very pretty! I love my cuttlebug, and I do not have this particular embossing folder. I have 6-7 cuttlebug folders and 2 Tim Holtz. If you want to cut up some Card size CS or papers and send them to me, I'd be more than happy to emboss a bunch for you.
Let me know. :)
Hugs,
Susan

Daniele said...

great card the embossing looks lovely with the background papers....lurvvvve purples