Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crafty Recycling - Glass jars & bead netting

I just can't throw away empty glass bottles, there's so many things one can do with them!  Like using them as storage for pens, pencils, paint brushes, rulers etc.  Here I've decorated some jars with bead netting.  They make cute gifts too, filled with things like sweets, chocolates or coffee, or fill it up with beach sand from your vacation, decorate the lid with a beach theme and use it as a paperweight. 


LINKY PARTIES linked to:

2 comments:

Denise said...

Great job, and I also cling to things that I love to redo! Where did you get the bead netting, I have never seen this? Love that you Recycle. My motto is Recycle, Repurpose and Relove! New Follower and would love for you to visit me and follow back if you like.
Blessings,
Denise

Naturally Me Creations said...

Denise, what a great motto! :) Crafty recycling is so much fun, and almost a type of craft all on it's own, huh? :)
As for the bead netting, i made that myself - i used the pattern that i found here:

http://www.beadjewelrymaking.com/Arts_and_Craft_Idea/bead_netting_instruction.html

with a few little variations of my own by using the long beads and adding bicones at the bottom.
Tnx for visiting! :D