Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Drinks Bottles

For our halloween party I'm going to be making punch to drink, which will be served out of wine bottles that I've decorated:

First I decoupaged some ordinary black paper around the body of the bottle to cover the lables, then once dry I decoupaged the printed pictures on top of that (I just googled some halloween pics).  I also painted the neck of the bottle black to cover up the coloured metal piece that usually surrounds the top of the bottle....ya know what I mean?  When that was dry I painted decoupage all over the bottle to round it off nicely, including over the black paint at the top, because the paint scratches off very easily.
After adding this printed piece, I painted it black around the edges - the straight white edges of the picture just didn't do the spooky theme justice.
I wanted to use a skull and crossbones somewhere, and I thought this one was hilarious...hehehe.
At least I can say I did some crafty recycling for the party. :)

LINKY PARTIES linked to:
C.R.A.F.T.                Making the World Cuter
Sumo's Sweet Stuff   It's a Blog Party
Keeping it Simple      Craft-O-Maniac


.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun idea!!

Monica said...

How CLEVER and creative... love it. And so happy to have you back to blogging.

Thanks for visiting and all those encouraging comments. Loved having you over.

xxx Monica