Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wedding Album Project - Part 2

Finally I've gotten to page 2 of my album! :)
Part 1 featured the wedding invite, and Part 2 here features the chapel:
Along the bottom of the page I stuck of the butterflies that my sister sprinkled on the chapel floor as she walked down the isle.  Oh, and the heart shape on the bottom right is the bottles of bubbles.
I have too many photos, and so all the pages are probably going to be this full, but I can't help it!  I think it looks OK though, and this one doesn't look too crowded if you ask me.
Anyway, I thought since this page is about the chapel, I'd make the chapel photo the focus point (not that I think anyone can really tell that there's a focus point on this page, haha).  I did that by using beautiful little photo corner stickers:
 
I also featured one of the butterflies that was used on the chapel decoration - the tree that my mum and future brother-in-law made out of styrofoam (you can see more pics of the tree in this post).  I added some blue glitter glue all around it:
I love using rhinestones in scrapbooking because of the sparkle they give, so I added a few around the page.

I recreated the sweetie bags (which can be seen in this post) that I gave to everybody as they entered the chapel - I photocopied some of the heart shaped wedding themed sweets, cut them out and put them in the bag:
Then I printed our wedding vows, folded it up and put it into a cute little envelope.  I scraped the edges of the envelope on an inkpad to make it look more interesting: (isn't there a specific name for this scraping process...?  I guess I've just given away my amateur scrapbooker status, huh? Hehe.)
Finally I thought of something interesting to do!  The background page had a pretty twirly pattern on it, so I took gold glitter glue and traced over some of the twirls on selected parts of the page:
It didn't come out as neat as I'd hoped it would, but I think the idea is cool!  If you click on the first photo of this post to enlarge the photo, you'll be able to see a little more of where I added this gold glitter glue on the page.
And.....that's page 2 of my 20 page album! :D

LINKY PARTIES linked to:
Scrappy Gifts

My page was featured on Scrappy Gifts! :D

BWS tips button

7 comments:

michele hileman said...

Your log is awesome and I just love your project.

http://michelesscrappyworld.blogspot.com

Naturally Me Creations said...

Thanx for the kind words Michele! :)

Sarah_W said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. As you've seen I do all sorts of different things, but the thing that got me started off was a scrapbook I did for my partner's 40th birthday. Was the first time I had even made anything like that and I was thinking I had bitten off more than I could chew, but I really enjoyed doing it. I'm going to blog it at some point I think, might take a bit of time to get round to doing it all! Love what you have done with your chapel page, will be back to have a look again soon. Sarah xx

Naturally Me Creations said...

Thanx Sarah!! :D
Well, I'm still new to Scrapbooking, i tried a few pages of scrapbooking on a "practice" album that i started by using random photos laying around here, but this wedding album is the first one that i'm trying to do a good job with, in trying to make it look like a professional scrapbook! Hehe. :)
I look forward to having you visit again! :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Hi Monique - thanks for all your visits to my blog and your comments! I'm back from vacation and going to take a peek around yours!
This is a great scrapbook page! So many wonderful elements. I love the envelope with the vows!!
Maria

Naturally Me Creations said...

You're welcome Maria, i love your adorable crafts and pretty cards! :) Thanx for stopping by and for your lovely comment, i hope to see you around again! :D

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Beautiful job. Love the elements from your wedding that you included on the page. Cool idea with the glitter. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays! Featuring this tomorrow.