Thursday, November 25, 2010

Crafty Recycling - Decoupaged Tissue Box

So I started decoupaging for the first time a few days ago, and my test subject was this tissue box:
When I started out, it didn't look too promising:
But I think it turned out not too bad, hehe.  I took some left over curtain scraps that I kept from our TV room curtains, cut them up into little squares, and decoupaged them all over this box.  The material is not smooth and flat, but has some texture to it, so it shows on the finished tissue box.  Also keep in mind that the box is thin cardboard, and so it warbled a little from the wet decoupaging!  But anyway....here is the final product:

I also decoupaged some pictures onto it - these are little pictures that I got from a friend in primary school....probably about 20 years ago! :0  As usual, I just couldn't throw them away, even though I didn't know what to do with them.  So I finally used them now.  I also added a ribbon and some "bling", as well as glitter glue to the pictures (which isn't so visible on the photos, boo).

This is by no means the greatest craft, but I kind of like it, it's cute, and it's my first decoupaged goodie! :D
And the perfect place to store all my confetti's that I had laying around in different boxes in my craft room.
How's that for cheap storage, and a way to use up scraps of material and decorations!

LINKY PARTIES linked to:
It's A Hodgepodge Life
Craft-O-Maniac
Texas Monkey
Keeping It Simple

No comments: