I've framed another one of our wedding photos! I was going to decorate the frame as well, but I thought it would be overkill, so I left it as is...which is nice because I like the dark frame.
Here's the recipe:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter (recipe says unsalted, but it's just fine with salted butter which I used!)
1 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanille essence
2 cups whole milk (of course I substituted this for CREAM)
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
(this cake is yummy as is so I didn't bother with the topping....it really doesn't need it! It's the sauce that makes this cake)
* Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour 1 cake tin.
* Mix flour & baking powder together & set aside.
* Cream butter & sugar. Add eggs and 1/2 tsp vanilla & beat well.
* Add flour mix 2 tbs at a time & mix well until blended.
* Pour batter into cake tin and bake for about 30 mins or until ready. Poke cake many times with fork.
* Sauce - combine milk (um, CREAM), condensed milk & evaporated milk. Pour over top of cooled cake and let absorb.
* Topping - whip cream, sugar & vanilla until thick. Spread over top of cake & keep refrigerated.
Note - you'll have place this cake in a container with a high rim (at least 2 inches high to be safe), otherwise the sauce is going to overflow and we don't want to waste all that sauce, do we???
LINKY PARTIES linked to:Momnivore's Dilemma Someday Crafts
Trendy Treehouse All Things Heart & Home
Sew Much Ado Blue Cricket Design
Nikki's Nifty Knacks Night Owl Crafting
Scrappy Gifts Fireflies & Jellybeans
Somewhat Simple The Shabby Chic Cottage
Beyond The Picket Fence Tales From Bloggeritaville
Paisley Passions It's A Hodgepodge Life
Finding Fabulous A Little Lovely Blog
I Heart Nap Time Saturday Mornings
Just A Girl C.R.A.F.T.
Sumo's Sweet Stuff Mom's Crazy Cooking
Memories by Christine .