Sunday, January 9, 2011

Black, Red & White Flower Card

I made this card for Let's Ink It Up, Challenge #8!
The theme was "anything goes", but you had to use a stamp on your card, so I made a rather simple but striking card:
All I did was used black scrapbook paper for the background, then layered some more white and black over that, and the top-most one I stamped with a pretty flower stamp.  Since I haven't yet learned how to (nicely!) colour stamps in, I use my stamps in mono-colour, so that's what inspired me to make an all (well mostly!) black and white card.
At first I was going to tie a white organza ribbon around the card, because I really liked the all black & white theme...but then I also liked the black and red them...so this time the red ribbon won!  I slid through a little ribbon belt-buckle type thingy and tied a bow on the other side.



LINKY PARTIES linked to:
Craft-O-Maniac                                                        Someday Crafts

ENTERED into:
Let's Ink It Up (Challenge #8)                                     .

5 comments:

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a lovely card, beautiful colours! Yes, truly strickig, indeed! ;) Great seeing you joining us at the LIIU and hope you can join us for another challege again soon ;) Hugs, Joanna x

Dragonlady said...

Beautiful card, love teeh ribbon you have used to go with the black and white image. Thanks for playing at LIIU.

Hugs Ali x

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love the colours you've used.Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck :-)
Claire xx

Unknown said...

Such and elegant creation, love the added ribbon and buckle. Thanks for playing along at LIIU, Suzanne x

Christine said...

Nice contraste with the colours ; )