Saturday, January 8, 2011

Natural Textured Card

This card I made for Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, Challenge # 116!
The theme for this challenge is....Tons of Texture!  So that's what I did:
I don't think I could have textured this card up any more even if I tried! Hehe...
I went for a very natural look this time.  These papers were actually from a little pack of matching papers that I bought.  For the background I used some natural fibred textured paper...I'm not sure even what it is.  Then I layered another 2 different textured papers in designing the card.  Here's a close-up of the textures:
Then I added some leafy goodies.  I just stuck the ends of the their stems with a glue dot in one corner, and  stuck on a leaf embellishment to cover all that up.
The left side of the card looked too empty, so it took me a while to come up with an idea of how to fill it up!  So I finally remembered about my cute little wood slices, and thought it'd fit in perfectly with my card theme...so I stamped a flower onto it in green ink, and then attached some danglies (some beading charms on beading chain):
So the stamp was a tad skew.....ok, a lot skew! :/
I like the idea of adding beaded goodies to cards.
This is how I attached the chains to the wood slice:
I cut out a teeny circle of cardboard and made 2 teeny holes in it through which to attach the 2 chains:
Then I glued it onto the back of the wood slice with a glue dot:
This idea worked really good!  I'm glad I thunk it up, because I'm always thinking of ways to neatly attach bulky things like these to card embellishments.


LINKY PARTIES linked to:
C.R.A.F.T.                                                            It's A Blog Party
Craft-O-Maniac                                                     Keeping It Simple
Sew Can Do                                                          The DIY Show Off
Someday Crafts                                                     .

ENTERED into:
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge (Challenge#116)          .

8 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh how pretty with so much texture thank you for sharing with us at the SCSC
hugs Kate x

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Yes - you definitely got the 'texture' down on this challenge!!!
I love that you stamped on the piece of wood!! Awesome!!

And those leaves are terrific!

Glad I inspired you with the bag toppers :)
Maria

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful card - love the different textures

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Crafts a la Mode said...

Lovely card. Super.

Curly said...

Beautiful card and you have really captured our theme,
so much texture and those lovely handmade papers, and the wooden frame is a very beautiful touch,

thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 116: Tons Of Texture,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Mel X said...

What a cracking take on our challenge, LOVE IT!!

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and Good luck.

Mel X

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Monica said...

This is a pure winner... LOVE IT! After my heart, really. Awesome detailing.

xxx Monica