Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dragonfly Celebratory Card

I made this card for Freshly Brewed Challenges, Challenge # 28!
The theme for this card was "celebrations" and/or New Year, so I chose celebration.  As usual I kept the card's sentiment and design as general as possible, so that I'm not limited with how I can use it.
And here's what I made!
I used a green flowery design paper for the background, and printed out a white picket fence that I searched for on Google.
The flowers I made using 2 different flower punches, layering the flowers and adding some bling:
As for the dragonfly.....well...it didn't turn out quite like I imagined!  I cut out 2 dragonflies using a template from a card making book I have.  The first one I coloured in dark grey, and the second one I decorated and embellished by colouring in the body orange, glitter embossing the wings, adding bling and little moving eyes.  The grey one I glued onto the card, intending for it to look like the shadow of the decorated one which I 3D mounted over the shadow.  I doesn't quite look like a shadow, does it? Ish.
Anyway...the glitter embossing powder had too much glitter in it for my liking, I should have used plain powder.  And also, I think I may have overdone it with the bling on this card....hehe.
Anyway...to finish off the card, I tied a yellow organza ribbon around it, and 3D mounted a really pretty green tag that I had in my tag stash.  But before I stuck it on, I added a red flower brad, and printed out "Celebrate", cut it out, inked the edges in red and glued it onto the tag.

It's just a fun little card that I think can be used for a variety of different celebratory occasions! :)
Here you can see the background design a little better:
LINKY PARTIES linked to:
Texas Monkey                                       Sew Chatty
Until Wednesday Calls                           Sugar Bee Craft Edition
Vintage Wanna Bee                               Free Pretty Things For You
All Things Heart And Home                   The Trendy Treehouse

ENTERED into:
Freshly Brewed Challenges (Challenge #28)

3 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh how fun!!! I love all the textures and sparkle!!!

Thanks for celebrating with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great card, love the dragon fly, fence and flowers. Thank you for joining us and celebrating at Fresh Brewed Challenges.

Arabella said...

New follower from All Things Heart & Home! What an awesome job you did & lovely blog. :O)

Marie
http://SallyLeeByTheSea.com