Thursday, December 30, 2010

Black, Gold & Silver Card

I've made this card for Creative Inspirations' Challenge # 92!

The theme of this challenge was that you can only use black, gold and silver in making your card, so this is what I came up with:
CLICK ON AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT
It's a small card (about 10x10cm). I used white card stock as the base, cut out a black border for the card from some scrapbooking paper, then cut out another border from white card stock, spray painted it gold and glued it onto the black border.
Quite a bit of the decorating ideas for card came about as a need to cover up mistakes that I'd made while making it! Hehe....for example the stamped image.  I stamped the image on the centre of the card within the border, with black ink.  The stamp somehow didn't connect with the paper properly on part of the left side of the image, so I had to come up with an idea to fix it or cover it up!  So I stamped another image on white card stock, cut it out, and 3D mounted it over the other one, slightly off centre for some interesting effect, and to make the missing part of the image disappear under the mounted one.
And also, while I was cutting out the gold border, my blade slipped a tad and I cut a teeny bit into the border on the inside, so I had to find a way to cover that up too!  I was going to embellish the borders somehow anyway, to this mistake wasn't so bad.  I punched out some little leaves from the left over paper that I spray painted gold, and painted another scrap piece of paper with silver paint (I've run out of silver spray paint), and punched out some leaves in silver too.  I arranged them on the corners, glued them, and added a silver embellishment on the stems to cover up the stems.
When I first cut out the black border, I made it too broad (the stamped image did not fit inside it), so I had to cut off some of the inner part of the border...this little piece I stuck on the inside of the card, and added some left over leaves too:
I'm really happy with how it turned out!  I love this little card!  Simple, yet not too plain. :)  I didn't add any sentiment on it, so that I can still have some flexibility in deciding what to use it for.
LINNKY PARTIES linked to:
Somewhat Simple                                                           The Shabby Chic Cottage
Beyond The Picket Fence                                               Chic On A Shoestring Decorating
A Few Of My Favorite Things                                        Truly Lovely 

ENTERED into:
Creative Inspirations (Black, Silver & Gold Challenge)                    .

2 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Very elegant and what great ways to cover up your 'mistakes'. I think a great challenge to do it, but when it's done right - it's very rewarding!!! (and no one knows!!)

Maria

Unknown said...

Very pretty! You're such a great card crafter!!! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!! Hope to see you this week!