Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pink Butterfly Card

I'm just practising some random card making, so here's my latest one:
I had some lovely soft pink textured paper that I used for this card - I drew lines with a water wet paintbrush and tore it along those lines to create this effect.  Then I stamped on a design at the top using a metallic paint, and when that was dry, I stamped over it again with clear EmbossIt ink and then sprinkled over some clear embossing powder - the embossing didn't make much different to the card, but if you see it close-up you'll notice it a little, so it didn't have the "wow" effect I was looking for, and I think it would have looked better had I not used the coloured paint at all.  Oh well! I did say I was practising here, hehe!
The not-so-noticeable embossing.  I added a butterfly embellishment too.

I bought my first little corner punch (yay!), so had to try it out here - I used it at the bottom of the card, and used some left over pink torn paper and glued it on the bottom inside of the card so that the pink shows through the punched corners.
(I think I put the card a little too far into the stamp, that's why it looks a tad skew here at the bottom).
And that's my little pink card! :)
LINKY PARTIES linked to:
Someday Crafts                                       The Trendy Treehouse
Sew Much Ado                                        *
ENTERED into:
Moving Along With The Times                  Sew Many Challenges
 

3 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Thanks for joining in with this lovely card on our Anything Goes theme on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I love the butterflies, and the pink!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Unknown said...

Love the butterflies. Really sweet.