Monday, December 20, 2010

Spicing It Up - Photo Frame Decorating

I thought my dad needed a photo of him and my mum on his office desk, so for Christmas I printed a nice photo of them from our wedding earlier this year, and put it in an ordinary wooden frame:
Of course I couldn't just leave it as is, so I decorated it just a tad:
 
Using a gold metallic leafing pen, I wrote on the frame the date of our wedding (the day the pic was taken), and added some leafy cardboard die-cuts, which, again, I've spray painted gold (it feels like I've been spray painting everything lately!) and glued on with craft glue.
It think it turned out cute. :)

LINKY PARTIES linked to:
C.R.A.F.T.                                        Making The World Cuter
It's A Blog Party                                Keeping It Simple
The DIY Show Off                              Finding Fabulous

3 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

What a gorgeous couple and now a gorgeous frame to match! I love that you chose gold to go with the black!! Just beautiful!
Maria

Brenda Dean said...

What a clever idea! Love it.

Monica said...

In one word - classy! I have to add that your mother's charming personality (and dad's too) only adds to the poshness. Your parents look such a happy couple. Great decoration.

xxx M