Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wedding Card

I'm going to a friend's wedding later this month, and this is the card I've made for her:
I was looking for some wedding words to stick on the card, but couldn't find any matching my colour scheme, and the only one I found was this pink one - so hopefully it doesn't look too out of place on the card!
I used white card stock for the card, then layered it with metallic champagne colour card and a darker patterned card stock.
I added the ribbon by "winding" it around the card and sticking it with double sided tape and a glue dot on the front of the card like this:
I cut out little squares from the champagne coloured card using the cute little Fiskars Express Shape Cutter goodie and a Fiskars stencil. Then I got some heart charms from my beading stuff, tied a little white ribbon through each of them (this ribbon I got from cutting off the ribbons you find on the inside of your clothes - see my Tip #1), and glued them to the little squares.  The squares I mounted onto the card with 3D foam squares:
At each corner of the darker card stock, I glued on some half-pearls:
And on the inside of the card I stamped a pretty little design with gold ink:
And that's the card! I didn't have en envelope to put it in, so I made a quicky envelope - it's just ordinary printer paper that I folded around the card - the sides are open so the card just slides in.  At the back, to tie the envelope together, I used a heart brad:
And on the front of the envelope on one side, I glued on little hearts that I cut out using my Fiskars tool again, from the scraps left over from the champagne and patterned card stock:
 And finished it all off with the same ribbon I used on the card:
I put some clear nail polish onto the ribbon ends so that they won't fray.

I hope she likes it. :D  I think it came out pretty good considering it's my first real professional-looking card, hehe. :)

LINKY PARTIES linked to:
A Little Lovely Blog
C.R.A.F.T.
Craft-O-Maniac
Keeping It Simple
I Heart Nap Time
Sew Chatty
Sew Can Do
Momnivore's Dilemma
Sugar Bee - Craft Edition 
Nikki's Nifty Knacks 
Somewhat Simple 
Fingerprints On The Fridge

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Thats GORGEOUS!!!!!! Thanks so much for linking it up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

Naturally Me Creations said...

Tnx Nikki! :D Glad you like it, and tnx for stopping by! :D

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely card hun but Im afraid it doesn't fit our challenge, design papers are the patterned papers you use on your projects. I do hope you will join us in the future for a challenge at creative inspirations :) xxx

Naturally Me Creations said...

Ah, well thnx for letting me know, Ms "NG Cards", i've learned something! Hehe. :)